If your house is built over a crawl space, it is highly recommended that you have it encapsulated to improve the health and safety of your home. Crawl space encapsulation will place a protective barrio between the dirt floor of the crawlspace and your home. This helps to prevent:
- Mold from forming due to the high humidity and moisture levels of the earth. Crawlspaces create a naturally damp environment where mold can grow and thrive.
- Insects and other pests from flourishing and entering your home.
- Structural decay from damp, rotting wood under your home.
- Radon gas seeping from the ground into your home.
What to Expect From Virginia Basement’s Crawl Space Encapsulation
First, we go into your crawl space and level it as much as possible. We will also remove anything that shouldn’t be there, such as mold or rotten wood.
Then, we measure the dimensions of the crawl space and cut a high-strength vapor barrier to match the space. This barrier is what protects your home from moisture, mold and radon gas. It is attached to the foundation wall around the perimeter of your crawl space, and all of the seams are closed with a special wide sealant tape.
The vapor barrier is also sealed around objects in the basement, such as steel beams or piers. We can also accommodate the need for a sump pump, as we have special pumps designed specifically to be used in a crawl space encapsulation.
Once everything is in place, your home is protected and your family’s health is no longer at risk. You can then consider your crawl space to be a clean place: Not only does it look much nicer, you can also store items there without worrying about damage.
Our friendly, experienced professionals completely understand the value of your home, and how much it’s great condition means to you. That’s one of the reasons that they’re so dedicated to delivering the top-quality, long-lasting resolutions that you can really rely on.
We never use subcontractors for any of our work, and we always take the time and invest the effort to get the job done right. With Virginia Basement, you are guaranteed:
- Friendly, hardworking and experienced professionals
- Top quality, diligent services you can count on
- Outstanding customer service you’re sure to appreciate